Khud is a small experiment hoping to make a big impact. Khud's mission is to give underprivileged children in Pakistan (and maybe beyond?) a fighting chance.
The Pakistan education crisis has multiple insane dimensions. To boil it down quantitatively:
- 25 Million children do not go to school
- 1.25 Million teachers are needed
Qualitatively the news is not good either. The children that are in school are not exactly getting a great education. The rote-learning based system does not prepare them to tackle the world in truly productive way.
Khud is not going to reinvent the wheel. We plan to take take insights from:
- Socrates and his method around letting students arrive at their own conclusions
- Maria Montessori and her approach that encouraged children to play and teach themselves
- Sugata Mitra and his approach around self organized learning
The plan is to start this experiment in a school on the outskirts of Lahore. Make mistakes, gather data, learn - be agile. Then scale.
Wish us luck. Share our story. Connect with us.
Stay tuned for more.